Father’s Day Marketing Ideas Dads Will Thank You For
Father’s Day is a holiday that’s often harder for people to think of good gifts for than Mother’s Day. If a dad isn’t a golfer or fisherman, choices are limited.
That’s where you can step in with Father’s Day promotion ideas to help your customers and drive sales.
Practicality is a good consideration for dads’ gifts. If there’s nothing in particular that a dad needs, a son or daughter’s next best bet is something he can consume. That way it won’t create additional clutter but will still be appreciated.
Here are some ways you can incorporate your shop’s products into good Father’s Day ideas for your customers.
- Create a gift basket of gourmet popcorn including a coffee mug for something Dad can use daily.
- Fill a set of beer steins with different flavors of popcorn and package together in a wooden craft crate instead of a basket for a rustic look.
- Branch out from popcorn with a gourmet food basket containing cheeses, meats, and sauces, produced locally if you can find other businesses to partner with. You can include frosted nuts with packaging that announces “Nuts about Dad” for those who prefer a little humor in their gifts.
- Host an event. From a beer and popcorn tasting in partnership with a local brewery to a mock barbecue where Dad doesn’t have to do the grilling, Father’s Day activities can be especially fun for families.
- Offer subscriptions to your products. Similar to a beer or wine club, your gourmet popcorn subscription can send monthly flavor selections to the address your customer provides. Upsell this item with the option to include surprise additional goodies, such as fudge or other candy samples, small items like keychains or bottle openers, or low-dollar-amount gift cards or coupons for special deals.
Get the word out on social media and in local papers, as well as by word of mouth, to make sure potential customers hear about your unique Father’s Day ideas. People who are struggling with what to get Dad will be grateful!