Here’s something you may not know — today is National Something on a Stick Day! Although the origins of this day are a bit unclear, we proudly recognize this fun food holiday because today is about celebrating foods we love to eat, on a stick!
When we’re talking about food, there isn’t much that can’t be put on a stick. There are no real rules to how you make and sell your food today (or any other day for that matter), but we want to offer concession stand owners and operators traditional and unique food ideas to consider serving on a stick.
Traditional Food Served on a Stick
- Caramel & Candy Apples – These tasty treats are a favorite on their own or covered in crushed nuts or other toppings.
- Corn Dogs – You can never go wrong with a hot dog surrounded by deep-fried batter!
- Funnel Swirls – People love this way to enjoy a funnel cake on the go with less mess.
- Saratoga Swirls – Part French fry, part potato chip, this skewered snack is wholly delicious!
- Pretzels – Pretzels are simple to prepare and delicious to eat, especially when drizzled with cheese sauce.
Unique Food on a Stick Ideas
- Fudge Puppies – Imagine a Belgian waffle, on a stick, dipped in chocolate, with your choice of dessert toppings. Yes, this might be the most underrated dessert item around.
- Peanut Butter Sandwich on a Stick – Think mini peanut butter sandwich squares no bigger than one inch, with no crust, layered on top of each other on a stick!
- Chicken and Waffles – Maximize your supplies by cutting up smaller squares from a waffle, then stack three pieces of each waffle and chicken on the stick to serve.
- Corn Dog Wrapped in Bacon – Spice up this classic food on a stick option with a piece of bacon. Who could say no?
- Rice Krispy Treats – There are lots of topping options with this snack, including sprinkles, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Consider adding two pieces of fruit to the stick as well, one above and below the Rice Krispy treat.
- S’mores – This may sound tricky, but the finished product looks and tastes great. Skewer a marshmallow, coat with melted chocolate, then dip in crushed graham crackers and serve immediately.
- Pizza – Roll a slice of pizza up starting with the crust then put the stick in to keep it from unrolling. Everybody loves pizza – why not try it on a stick?
- Donuts – Glazed, chocolate, or cream-filled, just add toppings and stack on a stick!
We hope National Something on a Stick Day brings a bit of fun to the workday and also helps you sell more concession stand food. Whether the food you sell is on a stick or not, we have the necessary supplies – including sticks! – equipment, and expertise to help you succeed. Contact us today.