Commercial caramel popcorn sellers and enthusiasts from around the country will gather in Chicago on March 21 as part of Gold Medal’s National Caramel Corn Day. This event is one of our many initiatives to help our customers succeed in selling popcorn by networking with other sellers and attending industry-specific workshops and classes.
The workshops include a variety of topics with you and your business in mind:
• Understanding current snacking trends such as health, flavor, and convenience
• Real-world tips for setting up an in-store popcorn shop
• In-person conversations about how to find and try signature flavors
• Marketing opportunities
Gourmet Popcorn Continues to Dominate
In short, consumers are still looking for treats that are indulgent and convenient, and your store can be their destination. Gourmet popcorn continues to be the fastest-growing snacking category, and here are some reasons why you should be in on this trend:
1. Full Sensory Experience: The sights, sounds, and aromas of popcorn engage buyers’ senses and encourage impulse purchases.
2. Versatility in Venue: Gourmet popcorn can fit into all kinds of settings, including grocery stores, tourist attractions, restaurants, cinemas, stadiums/arenas, and more.
3. Customizable Setup Options: From full sweet shops to stand-alone kiosks to integration with existing food service operations, we can create a plan that will work for you.
4. Positive Profit Picture: With low costs to produce and turn a profit on gourmet popcorn supplies, you have the ability to set retail prices that are appealing to the customer and still highly favorable for your business.
We hope to see you at the Gold Medal National Caramel Corn Day event this year!