We’re always on the lookout for foods with the ability to tap into a variety of different markets. And gourmet popcorn is proving it has the versatility to work in so many unique settings! Here’s an overview of some of the locations where you’ll find gourmet popcorn is experiencing great growth potential:
- Stadiums and ballparks are hubs for all kinds of concession foods and gourmet popcorn is no exception. Fans will enjoy the team spirit of corn popped in team colors. Customized popcorn tins can be a nostalgic souvenir. For convenience, it can be prepared in one central location, but sold at mobile kiosks throughout the stadium.
- There’s no place known more for popcorn than the movie theatre! With the influx of luxury dine-in theatres, there is pressure to find ways to enhance the movie-going experience. Gourmet popcorn is a natural transition, giving cinemas an assortment of flavor options that can be personalized for their audience’s tastes. Plus, it introduces the possibility of launching a private label to attract sales beyond just movie goers.
- As grocery stores begin to focus more on enhancing the in-store experience, you can expect to see gourmet popcorn shops being placed next to deli and bakery departments. Ready-to-eat popcorn is the leader in the snacking category. It’s a win-win for stores with higher profit margins than on-shelf products, plus the sights and aromas encourage impulse buys.
- Breweries and wineries are prime locations for offering tasting events paired with gourmet popcorn flavors. For example, it is suggested to match a pale ale with meats and cheeses, so the recommended popcorn flavor is bacon & cheddar. While a porter fits nicely with a chocolate dessert flavor. The low costs and minimal labor are attractive advantages for this niche market.
- Event planners and caterers may want to include gourmet popcorn for weddings, baby showers or other special events. It’s ideal for hosting a popcorn bar where guests can sample different flavors. It also makes for a fun favor gift that can be custom packaged to fit the event theme.
- Two other emerging markets are ice cream shops and coffee shops. Both need products that are complementary to their primary offerings, yet with distinct benefits that their customers can’t get from competitors. Because you can scale gourmet popcorn set-ups for small operations or large chains, it is an appealing option for any size location.
The possibilities are endless! If you can imagine it, we can help make it happen. Interested in exploring the options? Our concession specialists can put together a specialized solution to meet your unique needs. Reach us direct at 800-543-0862 or drop us a line via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.