It’s time for leaders in the food and beverage industry to make their predictions of what trends will emerge to define the year ahead. We’ve read through the reports and put together what’s most relevant to the concessions marketplace.
- Nostalgic Tastes – Consumers are craving something more than just new or different flavors; they want an experience that engages them. That’s why throwback flavors are gaining momentum according to Comax Flavors 2017 Flavor Trends. There’s an emotional connection your food can encourage. Try flavors like birthday cake cotton candy, classic caramel corn or salted caramel fudge.
- Occasion Eating – The Food Channel reports that our eating behaviors are becoming increasingly dictated by occasions or events. These create an atmosphere that is ideal for the convenience and fun of concession foods. Party planners should be ready with ideas like a gourmet popcorn bar for weddings or a cotton candy machine for birthday parties.
- International Influences – Global flavors continue to grow in popularity, which offer an opportunity for gourmet popcorn businesses to expand their menu selections. Mediterranean is touted as one of the top emerging flavors for the year ahead by Food Business News. Also, Sriracha’s red hot heat and garlic took off in 2016 and will likely remain a leading flavor.
- The Love of Coffee – The Food Network is predicting that coffee flavors will be found in everything from soda to snacks. The push comes largely from GenZ and younger millennials. Capitalize on this trend with the new vanilla latte flavored gourmet popcorn.
- Pizza’s Prominence – In the United States, pizza is the second-largest restaurant category. And it shows no signs of slowing down. In fact, CNBC is reporting that massive sales growth is expected to continue in 2017. Pizza warmers and merchandisers make it easy for all kinds of venues to benefit including convenience stores, recreational facilities and any concession stand location.
As you can see, there are plenty of fresh opportunities to make the most of your concession foods biz. For more on any of these ideas or for a full personalized consultation, please contact our professional team at 800-543-0862 or via email at email@example.com.