As students count down their final school days, high school and college graduations are on the horizon. With low costs, easy prep and a keen popularity, concession foods are an ideal fit for graduation parties. Here’s how concessionaires can maximize their opportunities:
- Get the word out. The best way is in partnership with the schools. Is there somewhere you can advertise, like a school newspaper? Will they allow you to post flyers? You can also partner with other local businesses for cross-promotion, such as bakeries or party supply stores.
- Promote a theme. Use themes to your advantage. For example, a movie theme could be billed as “The Ticket to Success” and would pair with popcorn. “Sweet Success” matches well with cotton candy. And “Hit a Home Run” would tie in a baseball theme complete with hot dogs.
- Have fun with foods. Be creative with how to integrate concession foods into the menu. Have party favors made of popcorn in the school’s colors. Put together a taste-tempting nacho bar with chips, salsa, nacho cheese and assorted toppings.
- Quench that thirst. Having punch? Make drinks fun and decorative by adding a swirl of cotton candy to the rim. Another addition can be Frusheez® slushes. You can make virgin drinks for the kids and have alcoholic options for adults. Or try Lemon Shake-Ups as a fresh alternative to soda.
- Don’t overlook the basics. The essentials that keep the party going aren’t always the most glamourous, but they are necessities. Make sure to have plenty of cups, straws and other supplies on-hand. You can also add convenience by supplying food trays for guests.
Nowadays, these parties can be anything from a simple popcorn machine rental to those who may bring in an entire food truck for the festivities! It is smart business to be the one to guide your customers through the party planning process. For all the equipment and supplies to meet their needs, contact the concession pros at Gold Medal at 800-543-0862 or email email@example.com.